Sensational Smiles are what Dr. Huefner and his team are all about. Healthy, happy, beautiful smiles.
Integrating form and function for healthy, beautiful smiles
Dr. Huefner has been caring for Orange County families at his Laguna Niguel dental practice since 1980, providing the best in cosmetic dentistry and complete smile makeovers, as well as general dentistry procedures.
Rather than focusing solely on the aesthetic aspects of cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Huefner integrates his extensive expertise and skill in general, reconstructive, and neuromuscular dentistry into his practice, to ensure that his patient's smiles aren't just beautiful, but that they're healthy, too.
Cosmetic dentistry and celebrity clients
Dr. Huefner is nationally recognized as the Official Cosmetic Dentist of both the Mrs. Globe Pageant and the Mrs. U.S. Pageant, having created “winning smiles“ for more than a dozen beauty pageant winners and professional models.
A long-time member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Norman F. Huefner, DDS lecturers to dentists throughout the United States on the art of cosmetic dentistry and is considered an expert in his field.
Among his achievements in the field of cosmetic dentistry:
- In Southern California, Dr. Huefner regularly presents his program “Changing Smiles and Changing Lives with Cosmetic Dentistry” along with the distinguished plastic surgeon Dr. Juris Bunkis
- Dr. Huefner is the author of Portrait Photography Basics for Cosmetic Dentists
- Dr. Huefner has written articles on dentistry and cosmetic dentistry in the Los Angeles Times newspaper and Household magazine.
- Dr. Huefner's article “Crowning Achievement,“ highlighting his smile makeover for Mrs. U.S. Jill Frick, was featured in the art of MAC dental magazine
- Three of Dr. Huefner's smile makeover patients appear on the cover of the art of MAC
- Dr. Huefner is a featured doctor for Microdental Advanced Ceramics (see www.macveneers.com), and was recently profiled by MAC in a national dental journal
- Dr. Huefner is the featured instructor at the S.M.I.L.E Portrait Photography Workshop, especially designed for cosmetic dentists like himself
- Dr. Huefner was the Gold Medal winner at the 2006 American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry’s Portrait Gallery competition (best smile makeover and portrait photograph)
- Dr. Huefner was recently profiled in both New Beauty Magazine and Beauty Docs magazine for his expertise in cosmetic dentistry
- The 2006 Winter edition of the Journal of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry featured on its cover Dr. Huefner’s smile makeover of Mrs. Globe
- Body Beautiful Expo 2006 in Anaheim, CA featured Dr. Huefner as a key speaker
Dr. Huefner is a graduate and preferred dentist of the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies, or LVI, the world-renowned center for the study and practice of neuromuscular dentistry.
His extensive training and expertise make him qualified to not only treat such conditions as temporomandibular disorder (TMD) and other neuromuscular issues, but to prevent them as well.
To learn more about Dr. Huefner's community service work and international recognition, see our Community Involvement page.
Community service and recognition
Dr. Huefner's commitment to his community extends beyond his practice. He has come up with creative ways to put his professional expertise to use in ways that help the community and people in need.
- In 2003, Dr. Huefner was recognized as the Women In Need Foundation's Man of the Year.
- After founding the national SMILE program, Dr. Huefner was also awarded the W.I.N. Jewel of the Year award for his distinguished service helping to establish abuse recovery programs throughout the United States.
- Dr. Huefner, is the founder of the Mrs. Globe Pageant Smile Makeover Scholarship Program, and has been a regular judge for the Mrs. California Pageant, the Mrs. U.S. Pageant, and the Mrs. Globe Pageant.
To meet Dr. Huefner yourself and learn what he can do for you, call or email our offices today to schedule your personal consultation.