In the past, misaligned teeth were best remedied with metal braces. While these traditional orthodontic treatments still provide effective results, they can be an aesthetic source of embarrassment and a difficult lifestyle adjustment for both children and adults. Luckily, Invisalign® offers the same great results in nearly half the time with minimal discomfort and a virtually unnoticeable appearance. You can further speed up your teeth-straightening process with Propel® Accelerated Orthodontics—a series of devices and procedures used to fast track your treatment and reduce discomfort.
To find out if you're a good candidate for Invisalign®, call our cosmetic and general dentistry office at 949-495-63221 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Huefner today. We serve patients in Orange County, Laguna Niguel, Newport Beach and surrounding areas of California.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
Invisalign® treatment is uniquely designed to meet your personal needs. This modern cosmetic dentistry approach uses a series of custom-fitted alignment trays to straighten your smile faster and more discreetly.
Based on your dentist's individual assessment, your custom trays will be created with a specific schedule of use according to your dental needs. As you progress throughout your treatment, your smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place.
Once treatment is complete, you will have a brand new smile to share with the world.
When it comes to orthodontics, Invisalign® offers a number of solutions to many of the major problems associated with traditional braces, including self-image, maintenance and the time investment involved. Some things to keep in mind when you're considering Invisalign® instead of traditional braces:
- Your appearance – Invisalign® is a virtually invisible treatment, while traditional metal braces can sometimes be an eye sore and a source of embarrassment.
- Comfort – Metal wires used in traditional braces can cause discomfort and irritate gum tissue, but Invisalign® eliminates this problem with smooth plastic alignment trays.
- Your eating habits – Because metal braces can be difficult to clean and prone to collecting food particles, you might have to get rid of certain foods from your diet, but with Invisalign®, you can easily remove your alignment trays during meals to maintain your normal eating habits.
- Ease of oral hygiene care – Traditional metal braces can require special oral hygiene attention. On the other hand, the removable trays for Invisalign® allow you to perform your normal oral maintenance routine with ease.
Speed Up Your Invisalign® Treatment With Propel® Accelerated Orthodontics
Propel® Accelerated Orthodontics can increase the speed of your Invisalign® treatment up to 50 percent. These devices and procedures use innovative technology to promote bone production around your teeth, stimulate faster tooth movement and allow your tissues to heal more quickly. Propel® encourages bone remodeling using your biology to not only hasten your treatment, but also to potentially decrease any discomfort you may have. This technology safely and effectively increases the rate at which your teeth move and works well in conjunction with Invisalign® and other orthodontics.
Benefits of Propel® Accelerated Orthodontics
Invisalign® clear aligners can take anywhere from six months to several years to give you straighter teeth, but Propel® technologies can cut your treatment time in half while offering a more comfortable experience. This means fewer visits to our Laguna Niguel office and less time to wait for your misaligned teeth to move into their proper position.
Propel® orthodontics are a great addition to your Invisalign® treatment and have a number of benefits including:
- Reducing treatment time 25-50 percent
- Promoting bone development
- Shifting your teeth faster than Invisalign® alone
Ask Dr. Huefner if you’re a good candidate for both Invisalign® clear braces and Propel® Accelerated Orthodontics during your initial consultation.
If you’re tired of crooked, misaligned teeth, please contact our experienced cosmetic dentist in Laguna Niguel today at 949-495-6322 to schedule your consultation. Dr. Huefner serves patients in Laguna Niguel, Orange County, Irvine, Mission Viejo and surrounding areas of California.